Friday 19 April 2013

My chosen Award title

After a long think and discussion with many people in the same industry as me, I feel that my award titleI should propose is BA Honours Professional Practice in Performing arts.The reason because of this, it is my strongest area and is something I have been doing form the age of three, and I feel that choosing something else would not be for the right reasons. I teach dance, as well as auditioning for acting, dancing and all round musical theater roles in the performing industry. My everyday job relates to Performing Arts, and also what I want to achieve in my future to fulfill my dreams in teaching Performing Arts and performing myself whether it is dancing in a musical or landing an acting role in tv or film.
The reason I also believe a Ba Honours professional practice in performing Arts would be my award title is because I  am very passionate about Performing Arts and it is what I have trained in since a very young age. I attended the Brit school from the age of 14 and  achieved a BTEC National diploma in Performing arts. I then went on to Italia Conti for a further three years, where I achieved a Diploma in Performing Arts. As well as this I achieved many dance and teaching qualifications, and completed a PCE professional certificate in education in order to teach dance to students from a young age and students and adults in higher education. 
I feel that this course already has given me skills in networking and learning how to blog for the first time, and has introduced me to new things that will develop me as a performer in the industry.  I have realized that networking is  70 percent of the job before even auditioning. The tool of networking on this course has provided me with experience and confidence in my chosen area in order to  become successful in the industry as a performer. I believe that it is vital we network in this day and age in order to learn about new skills and people entering the industry we are in for e.g. whether it is a new upcoming director or a friend lading a job on film. This course has provided me with this tool and has made me more aware of my profession which I am very grateful for.Please feel free to give me any feedback if you think any other award title's should be proposed from the information I have covered, although I found it quite hard to think of anything else that matches my expertise and future career developments.My chosen award title is Performing Arts, so hope you can all agree this is my strongest selling point as a performer and teacher.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Isla,

    I'm struggling with this as well, I am tossing between BA in Performing Arts or Musical Theatre as that is my forte so to speak, I have done bits of film, but wouldn't consider that my strongest point, and my life has been building up to working in a musical so I feel I wanted to reflect upon that, what do you think?

    JP :)

    ReplyDelete